Wednesday, May 26, 2010

CVS

I'd like to take a moment to explain the CVS process to those readers who are not CVS shoppers and don't know about the Extra Bucks program. A few years back I did not and would not shop at CVS. I thought their prices were too high on most items that I could buy somewhere else for less. Then, I discovered the Extra Bucks program and I have never looked back! Everything I buy is from CVS and it's usually FREE or close to FREE! Here is a quick run through on how CVS works:

  • Sign up for a CVS card at www.cvs.com
  • If you get a Sunday paper then look for the CVS ad every week or check it out at www.cvs.com
  • Look for sale items that offer *Extra Bucks* (Extra bucks are store coupons that print at the end of your receipt and you then use those like cash at any CVS location towards your next purchase)
  • Match coupons to those sale items making them *FREE* or *MONEYMAKERS*
  • Receive your Extra Bucks at checkout and then use those on your next purchase, once again, buying items that offer more Extra Bucks so that you pay nothing out of pocket and keep receiving Extra Bucks
Here is an example:

This week CVS has Gillette Body Wash on Sale for $4 with $4 in Extra Bucks back. I purchased (2) Gillette Body Washes and used a $4/off 2 coupon and a BOGO coupon and paid only sales tax=$.56 and receieved $8 back in Extra Bucks! This deal is considered a MONEYMAKER since I spent less than I got back from CVS. If I were to use those $8 in Extra Bucks on something that was $8 and offered $8 back then I would be getting that item for FREE and getting the same amount of Extra Bucks back! The idea is to keep *rolling* your Extra Bucks by using them to purchase more items that give Extra Bucks so  that you never run out of Bucks and you keep acquiring products. Make sense? If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or leave a comment and I will help you out. I have become a CVS expert! Keep following my blog to see my great shopping trips :)

No comments: