Friday, October 8, 2010

Breastfeeding

What an adventure right? Tell me about it! Breastfeeding was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, but it doesn't always come easy for every new mom. I had my personal struggles and at one point thought "this is way too hard", but I kept going and it got easier. I'm so glad I didn't give up or not even try. The bonding and closeness it brought between me and my children is irreplacable.

I'm in the process of building a website for breastfeeding mothers everywhere. I want it to be a place where new moms can come together and share their adventures down this wonderful, but sometimes bumpy road. Giving them a place to go and find answers to all their questions and feel comfortable to share and explore is my number one goal. It isn't only for breastfeeding moms though. It's for every mom. If you are currently breastfeeding or have in the past or really wanted to, but didn't have that opportunity I would love to have you join us and share your thoughts, concerns, feelings, photos, tips and techniques. The best way we can learn, is from each other.

I would love to have your input as I venture on with my work. What problems did you face? What topics would you like to see covered or think would be helpful for new mothers? Do you have stories and photos you'd like to share? What is the best part of breastfeeding? Did it come naturally or did it take some time?

I'm very excited about creating this site and I'm looking forward to the mothers I will meet and most of all hearing their stories. I'll be back to share more details when I'm closing in on the finish line. I hope to see all of you there!

No comments: