Monday, June 27, 2011

How to Handle Damaged Samples and Freebies in the Mail

I recently received a free sample of Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser that looked like this:

I could have just thrown it away and forgot it (which is what I would have done in the past), but I decided to write an e-mail to the company and let them know what happened and take a picture in case they needed it for proof. Okay, so maybe this seems like a lot to go through for a free sample right? Well, I have learned that sometimes companies will send either full size replacement items OR coupons for FREE products so you get to try the product completely free the first time. They quickly responded and apologized for the damage (of course it was the post office's fault) and said they would be sending a replacement in 4-6 weeks. So I will have to update you with the details when I get my "replacement". 

The point here? Never hesitate to complain about damaged goods (no matter how small). We take a lot of time to sit down and sign up for samples, hunt them down and share them and we should receive what we sign up for! ;)

No comments: