When you decide you want to sell online there a few questions you need to ask yourself.
- How much money do I need/want to make?
- How much time can I invest?
- What kind of products can I offer?
- Thrift stores
- Garage sales
- Yard sales
- Clearance sales
- Estate sales
- Many stores in your area that you may already shop at such as Big Lots, CVS, Rite-Aid, Dollar Tree, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, etc.
The most important things to work on when selling any product:
- Take the best picture you possibly can. Make sure your photo is clear, showing any imperfections the item might have. Take as many photos as necessary. You can use Auctiva or Photobucket to upload as many photos as you need to your eBay listing for free.
- Give as many details as possible about the item. When someone is considering your item you have to understand that they need to get everything they can out of your listing. It's not like having a store where someone can come in and look at your products and see first hand what you are offering. Be as descriptive as possible.
- Give actual measurements. If you leave the measurements out, especially on clothing, 9 times out of 10 you receive numerous e-mails asking for them anyway.
- Provide excellent costumer service! From answering e-mails to packaging and feedback, your customer service should be above and beyond the rest. This will insure that you build trust with your customers and they will return in the future.
If you are brand new to this and would like to leave a comment or question for me, please feel free. If you have been an active online seller please feel free to share your success. Send me your success story with a link to your listing and I will feature it on my blog. Thanks and happy sales =)