Sunday, September 26, 2010

Work From Home

Hello everyone and Welcome! I want to take this opportunity to reach out to my viewers and potential viewers and tell you more about myself and my work from home experiences. Most of all, I hope I can share some inspiration and knowledge for those out there who would like to enjoy the freedom of working from home, but just don't know where to start. Or perhaps you do know where to start and you haven't taken that leap yet? Maybe today is your day and that's why you're here!


I'm 25 years old and have 3 beautiful children who I absolutely adore and a wonderful and supportive husband whom I could not live without. That being said, let me take you back to August 20th of 2004. On this day my 6 year old son, Colin, was born. From the first moment in that hospital room I fell in love with this precious baby that I never wanted to be away from. I saw my future right there in his eyes, a very bright and fullfilling future that I would not compromise, no matter what!


My husband (fiance at the time) was 18 years old and I was 19, we were still children ourselves. He was working construction which he greatly enjoyed doing and I was in my second semester of college for Nursing. When Colin was born I decided that I wanted to take a semester off from school and spend my time with my new baby. Only a few months later my husband was laid off from his job. We lived in a tiny two bedroom income based apartment. I decided to take a job at Big Lots to try and make ends meet. Unfortunately, the ends never met. We were struggling tremendously, but somehow we made it work. That Spring I decided to go back to school and continue working. My husband finally found another job and also enrolled in school. It was very difficult to balance everything. Every morning I woke up and got Colin ready to go the babysitter's while I went to school and then work. That semester in college was my most successful. I got straight As. I couldn't believe that I did better with a newborn and a job than I had while living at home with mom and dad, unemployed. Then I realized, I work very well under pressure! I re-applied for the Nursing program and was accepted. I felt like my life was on track, but there was still something tugging at my heart, Colin. I couldn't stand being away from him. I didn't want to miss anything he did or any of his great discoveries as he grew.


In 2006 I started the Nursing program, for the second time. My husband was still working a part time job that only paid minimum wage. I decided to leave my job at Big Lots so that I could solely concentrate on school. Let's face it, studying with a two year old is hard enough without the added stress of a job. I also came across an online business opportunity that I thought could help our financial situation while I was going to school. About two months into the first semester I found out I was pregnant, again! And the online business opportunity that I was involved with was a scam! I ended up being contacted by the local authorities due to this scam, but that's another story for another time. Lesson learned; if it seems to good to be true, it probably is! I was over joyed by the fact that we were having our second baby, but I also worried about how hard it would be and how much we would struggle. Would I ever finish school? Honestly, I didn't want to. I hated the thought of long hours in a classroom away from my children. I started thinking about the long hours I would be required to work as a nurse after graduation. I just could not, would not, do it.


I knew at this point I had to find a way to be home with my children and still make money. At the time I had sold on eBay casually. I sold some used baby clothes, bibs, blankets, etc. that the kids would no longer need. It wasn't a lot of money, but it was a start. I figured that if I could sell enough that maybe, just maybe, it would be enough for us to get by, but did I just want to get by? No. I wanted to be able to live comfortably and happily with my family and give my children all the things that they deserved. Success just wasn't an option. It was mandatory. I started studying and researching all the ways I could grow my online business and by doing this I found that there were thousands of people out there doing the same thing that I was trying to do. The exception was that many of them were very successful at it. I knew it would take time, hard work and dedication to get to the point where I wanetd to be. I just wasn't sure if I could make it happen. I had so many doubts. Not to mention all the people around me telling me it was impossible and that I should go out and find a job.


By 2009 I was making more money from my online sales and my husband was still working different part time jobs, on and off. We were still struggling, but I accepted it. I knew that success wouldn't happen over night and every day I was learninig more and more. I studied, researched, asked questions and reached out to others for help and support. Most importantly, I decided to put it into God's hands. I knew He would carry me and lift the burdon. He would be my strength when I couldn't find it within myself. I knew He wouldn't let me down.


My online sales have increased over time, but we still struggle and my husband still works a part time, dead end job that he can't stand. I have reasoned with myself hundreds of times that maybe I should go get a steady job, but I quickly change my mind when I realize that I would be making about the same or less money after child care and gas expenses and most importantly I don't want to be away from my children. So, here I am. I am not giving up. I am just getting started. I know that my goals are achievable if I keep my eye on the prize. Like anything that's worth having, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication.


I've learned so much over the past six years that I feel a very strong need to share that information with others and reach out to those who are like me and want or need to work from home. There are so many ways to make money from home and they can be highly profitable, if done correctly. I want to share my experiences and trials and errors with others who are facing the same struggles every day. If nothing else, I hope to inspire you to never give up. Where there is a will, there is a way. You should never comprise what your heart tells you to do because someone says it's impossible. Nothing is impossible.


This blog was orignally created to share great deals and money saving tips with others and I will still do that because I am passionate about living a frugal lifestyle, but that is just one way that I help my family and that in itself is a part time job. I do want to expand my blog however, to reach out to others who want to learn more about working from home and building a consistant income while never leaving the house. No matter your age, sex, race or creed you have the choice to be financially independent and successful. Maybe your reason for self-employment is completely different from mine, that's okay. We still want the same things and we deserve to have them and have them we shall!


Please check back often as I update my blog and add more posts about my work from home experiences. Let me teach you some of the ways you can generate income from your computer with only minimal hours invested.

No comments: